Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!! (and Aunt Nita, too!)

Today is my mom's birthday, and my aunt's too.  Yes, they are twins!  They are celebrating their 49th birthday today!  Did I do my math right?  ;) Mom has been dropping hints that she has been wanting a Kindle.  Well, I don't know if I would call them 'hints' as they were quite straightforward and often!!  Somehow, Roger and I took the bait and got her a Kindle for her birthday.  She opened it on Sunday and we were there via Skype.  


While I was researching which Kindle to get Mom, I became very interested in getting one and a few weeks ago, John surprised me with one!  Of course, the main reason was that so I could 'help' Mom with hers!    And if you are like me, with every new electronic device, you need at least one accessory to go with it!  I thought I would like a case. Something small that would fit in my purse and of course it had to be fashionable!  I decided on a design and went to the most un-fashionable place in the world but found this great fabric at Walmart!  I spent a whopping $3 on the fabric and came home, got out the sewing machine and got to work!  I already had the batting, thread and picked out two buttons from my button collection.  In less than one hour, I whipped up two Kindle cases for Mom and me!  The only difference are the buttons!  I even got to use the new fangled, fancy button hole maker on my sewing machine (why didn't they have these when I was in college/grad school?).



Ta-Da!!!  Yes, a whopping $3 later!!!  I love mine!  And I think Mom does too! When she opened it she said, "Oh, it's a Vera Bradley!"  I said, "No, it's a Kennita Kind!"





Love you, Mom!  Happy Birthday!  And Happy Birthday, Aunt Nita--a gift card is in the mail to your favorite store!!  Let me know when you get a Kindle, I know where you can get a case!

1 comment: